Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Computer Abuse?

Okay - I will say that it has been a very frustrating two weeks and it is my own fault.

Have any of you had a computer glitch and just knew you should call to have a professional opinion, but you just KNEW you were fixing it or it would just "go away" in the night?

Well, I've been there for over a week. Yep. I would get a blue screen error; google the error and fix it. It was great! I felt like I had accomplished quite a bit. The next day I would get the same lovely blue screen but with a different error. I fixed that error. Do you see the pattern here?

Finally, I decided the computer wasn't performing as well (ya think?) and there were days that I would get the blue screen while working. I would fix, ignore and continue to work. How inconsiderate of my computer that I depend on daily!

Then a couple of days ago, it wouldn't open any program. The horrid blue screen just took over my life. All the time I was "fixing" the problem, I was actually prolonging the inevitable. My C drive was crashing. UGH!!!!!! I was forced to call Dell. Why didn't I do that before? Well, I didn't want to take the time.

There is SOMETHING to be said for "call a professional". That does go for photographers as well and I should have known better. Todd was able to determine that my drive what shot. I could have saved myself a week. So here I am - posting on the laptop and awaiting my new hard drive.

I could have had this all behind me and back to work instead of getting over a week behind on my work. I guess it is simply human nature. I thought I was saving time by fixing it myself. Yeah right - the hours reading chat rooms and tracing down the best "fix" for that error. What was I thinking? I wasn't!

I wonder if I am partially a man at heart! ha. Or did I just pick up this behavior from a man? (You all know who you are!) We'll see - - - - - will I do this again? Have a great week.

No comments: