Monday, August 2, 2010

Busy Summer

Well, here we are entering the last dog days of summer. This has been the hottest summer that I can remember for quite some time. There has been no relief from the heat, it seems.

This has also been a different year for business. I've sold some "art images" at Milo Gallery in Kingston Springs and am now on display at The Artist's Bungalow in Franklin. I've taken in more restoration images than ever before and I'm happy to see people preserving their memories and family history.

We welcomed a new grandchild on July 3rd this year. His name is Logan James and he lives in California. I've already been there to greet him into the family. What a gem. We now have four grandchildren with the oldest age 6. Lilly will be in first grade this year and has been wearing her new backpack around for days in preparation. Gage is following his sister around like a shadow and repeating everything that everyone says to him and making it sound like a question all the time. Very cute. Madison is talking up a storm and quite plainly, I might add. She is about 18 months now.

We have all been blessed with good health this year and are hopeful that it will continue. We've done a little rearranging of the studio as well and look forward to a good season this fall.

Oh yeah - - - I've taken up knitting again. Yep - must be feeling domestic with all of these grandchildren. I've already made one afghan and working on the second and will venture out to try to make something that I actually wear! We'll see how that goes.

I'm back to sewing again as well. I used to make all my own clothes, but I seem to be geared more to baby things and quilts, etc. right now. I'm enjoying my new machine a lot. It will embroider and what a blast.

Well, that catches you guys up. I look forward to having more to post later and I may even try a remodel later on. I'm really into making changes this year!

No comments: